Missy Moo's Bloggeroo

Thursday, August 24, 2006

How time flies when you procrastinate!

Busy, busy, busy. There was a really cool outdoor movie here a few weeks ago - they set up an inflatable screen in Churchill Square. Mom and I were planning to go, but it was raining and then there was a little family crisis. Then things got busy with the end of Teen Survivor, planning the party, getting the Fringe play together, etc. All of that went really well.

After the Fringe parade, I saw some kids with posters for Daisy pulls it off, which Bill and I had been joking must have been written by our cowcat. I asked the kids what the play was about, then realized that I was talking to Brandon, Jill's son! So of course I went to his play on Saturday. I had to give Dad my ticket for the dominatrix show (!) because it was on at the same time and that was the only time I could go to Brandon's show. It was good, lots of fun.

Our Fringe play, Tales for a Princess, which I wrote, sorta directed, and sorta acted in, was much better than I had expected. We didn't have a chance to rehearse, because the teens are all working now. But we managed to pull it off, and the kids seemed to enjoy it. Joan was a sweetie and gave the teens free root beer afterwards. Then Bill and I walked down Whyte and I bought some groovy Indian t-shirts from the Guru booth, and some amazing Emily shoes from Rowena. On Tuesday we went to Rob and Brenda's for tea, which was lovely as always.

Yesterday was Mom's birthday so we went for lunch and also to Indian cooking with Jasjit at Planet Organic. It was fantastic! Zucchini curry and then scrambled paneer (and the paneer was made fresh too). So easy but soooo delicious! Then off to Mom and Dad's for cake. Mom and I wore salwar kameez and LeeAnn at work said we looked like princesses. We're still hoping to go to the mandir one of these Sundays. A nice Hindu customer told me yesterday that I should go to a different mandir each week, and that they all have delicious food. He said that he sings at the temples. I would love to go - maybe I'll just have to be brave and go on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home